Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return.........Leonardo da Vinci.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

25%






Did I say 10%? Whoohooooo! We are at 25+% as of this morning, many many thanks to all those sending in donations, every little bit helps and I appreciate it more than you can possibly know. Today I got a nice donation from fellow "Birds of a Feather" Lisa who has asked me to donate 1 mile to her friend Charlie who suffers from Crohns. I'll gladly do so and be thinking of Charlie and all the other IBD sufferers out there as I run 13.1 miles on Dec 6th.


I'm also tickled pink to have my first registration form in hand from Bitzie from Chester, thank you Bitzie for sending in your reg form and check for the Guts and Ghouls 5K on October 31st.


Team Challenge had a 3 mile group training run this morning at Creve Couer Lake, I didn't make it, it was rainy and foggy here at five thirty a.m. and I just couldn't bring myself to drive one and a half hours to run 3 miles. I know I'm missing getting to know my team mates, but I just hate to drive in bad weather to unfamiliar territory I hope my team mates will be forgiving.

Next Saturday the 12th I'll be running in the Popeye 5K in Chester hope to see some smiling familiar faces there who will want to take my registration forms and pass them along to ALL their running buddies! Also planning on signing up for a 5K in St Louis for September 27th in support of Ovarian Cancer Research.


No comments: