
Team Challenge held it's kick off party at the Forest Park Visitors Center Thursday evening. Thank you Tyler (Mal Mals great boyfriend) for the use of his Garmin to get me there and home, those that know me know I don't like to drive in St. Louis but I made it to and from just fine. The event was very well organized with information stations set up througout and plenty of helpful smiling people wearing Team Challenge Orange! Keeping with the Las Vegas feel we were given cards at each station to make a poker hand for later, yeah I didn't win anything but that's ok! They even fed us bbq, chips and guacamole and cake!!
I got to meet Karen and Jillian (our honored team mates who both suffer from IBD's) had pictures taken with those two special gals and will post them here when I get them. I'm not sure exactly how many people were there but it seemed like quite a few to me, quite an eclectic group in age range and physical ability I was so glad to see I was not the oldest (maybe LOL) or the least "runner like"
I got to meet Coach Davis who seems like a very nice guy and I hope to learn lots about running from him in the coming months. Today was the first practice and it was a 1 mile time trial, I did not make it today but plan to time myself this evening and e-mail Coach Davis with the results. We have a training schedule for the week and then a 3 mile run next Saturday morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment