
Thursday August 13th. Informational meeting at Toolens Running Start in O'Fallon. Got to meet Rhonda Sciarra the contact person for Team Challenge and the organizer of our team. Met Coach Carrie and her little boy Henry who is a corker! We were handed out information packets and watched a short video detailing CCFA and their mission as well as learned a little about the honored members of our team, Karen who I've not met but understand has had quite a difficult time with her illness and Jillian who I've also not met but I understand she's 10 and is fighting IBD also. I hope to meet both these inspiring people very soon and learn their stories and share with them mine. There were 5 of us at the meeting all seemed nice people, some were put off immediately by the daunting task of actually training each weekend, but I feel like their hearts were in the right place and perhaps even if they don't actively participate in the challenge they will support others of us who are. A couple of others were on the fence and I hope they made the decision to jump on board. Rhonda told me today that they signed up 8 more team members Saturday, THAT'S AWESOME.
After reading through my packet and wrapping my head around this fundraising campaign oh and yeah the training for a 13.1 mile run (don't even think that part has registered yet LOL) I've set up my fundraising page, look for my link on this blog. And I've sent out my intial e-mail requests for support and donations.
In the works will be an awesome quilt raffle, with a quilt donated by my lifelong friend Becky Jones Purcll, she makes gorgeous quilts. At this time Becky is fighting her own battle with IBD and is having surgery this week which will hopefully alleviate her pain and allow her to lead a normal life again. So keep Becky in your thoughts and prayers and more on the beautiful quilt later.
I'll also soon be taking orders for Mama T's awesome Texas Sheet Cake and Pumpkin rolls, you know you love them.........you just wont be able to get them for free for the next few months haha.,
Next on the agenda is to........run, oh yeah I'd better get out and run a few times before the first group training session hadn't I?


1 comment:
GO Mama T, GO! 8-) Weekend training...yeah. You gotta train if you're going to do 13.1. Looking forward to reading about your journey in the weeks to come.
Post a Comment